El Shaddai Charitable Trust - Beware and be aware

This site does not require you to actually maintain an account or submit any verification that you are an individual and not working for a reputation company who go about the web boosting the reputation of their own clients and degrading the reputation of anyone they see as competitors.

We live in a nasty horrible time whereby terrible people think it's an art to tell lies and commit fraud that harms other people. We truly need legislation passed that criminalizes these types of online behavior and have the penalties (millions) so high that no one want to engage in doing them.

Read
Review #593320 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer593320.
2.3

El Shaddai Charitable Trust in Goa - Corrupted Charity Organization... (El Shaddai Street Child Rescue)

Where do I start? I come year after year to help with the Child Rescue and always had heard rumors of Child Rescue using money for things they shouldn't and problems with the management on the India side where they actually help the kids. I read a few reviews on El Shaddai (Child Rescue) and it confirmed what I have been seeing hints of. I asked to see the books and they agreed though I had to wait a few days which turned into weeks. When I looked at the books; things didn't match up.

Since I donate regularly and volunteer yearly, I wanted to make sure kids get the best and the conditions for the kids gets better and better and from over 7 years of volunteering, this was not the case. I decided to hire an investigator and here's what he found:

1. Books were fake that were given. They didn't show all the donations that came in or any outside spending activity (events that had nothing to do with El Shaddai or was questionable, church expenses that were not for the kids, etc.)

2. Multiple layoffs and employee corruption mainly from "Pastor Matthew Kurian" and "Julia Kurian"

3. Unethical behaviors such as blackmailing, employee management (working extreme overtime and across many job descriptions)

and of course more.

Please message me if you would like to see these books. Obviously I have stopped working and giving money for El Shaddai and have been encourging others to do the same. This is sad story of how corruption on such a once wonderful charity...

Beijing, Beijing, China #1299588

Just to start I would like to know who gave you permission to use the El Shaddai official logo? Pissed Consumer?

I hope you know it is a crime right? I can help you - Misappropriation of image

But do not worry, a goog layer must know about.

Firstly, sorry my English.

Okay, let's go! Just to clear my doubts.

Item number 1 about fake books - Are you sure? How do you know about donations incomes?

I think only who has special permission. Did you have? I WANT TO RECEIVE COPIES my email is jrm4557@gmail.com

Item number 2 about corruptions - You are accusing all, including the employees. Do you have pieces of evidence?

You are also saying the same about the employees if you have any evidence I WANT TO RECEIVE COPIES Item number 2 about blackmailing - Oh! Of course! I WANT TO RECEIVE EVIDENCE! Special request, I want to see your authorization to use El Shaddai's logo.

I WANT A COPY. Just to confirm my email: jrm4557@gmail.com To finalise: Do you know the history about El Shaddai? Did you see more than 300 hundred children studying and many in the college? Did you see the meals distributed in the slums (more than 300 hundred) daily?

Did you go to slums? Shelters? Community Centres? Did you hear all the children calling the "Pastor" FATHER?

Do you know who is Anita from the UK? Do you know that frequently they are called by police to help children? Please, think more about your complaint because you are trying to destroy the future of many children, by the way, STREET CHILDREN and ORPHANS. Why do you not take one to adopt?

Can you do the same like El Shaddai is doing? It is very cheap only £1 per day but you need to provide all that they are receiving. Waiting for the evidence. Thank you very much.

God bless you.

By the way, I am like anonymous because a did not do my login but my full name is José Roberto Mendes. Could you tell me your full name, please?

lina1988
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India #1298574

Yes its a fake charity

Beijing, Beijing, China #1299554
@lina1988

It is not true. Do you have any prove or only fake words?

Had this exact concern when I visited, I did talk to the kids and what they said were very sad. "Pastor" Matthew Kurian is doing a lot of unethical practices. When I spoke to the police they just shrugged it off, I would love to see if they are paying off the police, how far does this corruption go?

Beijing, Beijing, China #1299561
@Anonymous

If I understood well you are making a complaint about the "Pastor", the police and accusing the police of corruption?

If hope you have proofs right! Can you show?

Interesting!

Recently visited this "organization". Stay far away!

We showed up unexpectedly due to the reviews we saw and we were horrified. The kids places were not like the photos you see, the food that was fed to the kids were terrible, the manager Matthew Kurian and his family was eating very lavishly.

Matthew's house was extremely clean with lots of electronics, kind of reminds me of those scams you see on those television programs...

We tried reporting this to the Goa Police, but they said they get lots of reports about this and they can't do anything about it.

London, England, United Kingdom #945557

We have had the same disappointing experience with El Shaddai. They are not well liked in the community, the "Pastor" lives lavishly and even before us there has been constant complaints and investigations from the past 10 years.

Beijing, Beijing, China #1299552
@Amy

Under investigations at the last 10 years Amy and till now nothing against him?

Are they not well liked in the community?

Wich community Amy? The "Pastor" lives lavishly! Do you know the history about El Shaddai?

Did you see more than 300 hundred children studying and many in the college?

Did you see the meals distributed in the slums (more than 300 hundred) daily? Did you go to slums? Shelters? Community Centres?

Did you hear all the children calling the "Pastor" FATHER?

Do you know who is Anita from the UK? Do you know that they are called by police to help children? Please, think more about your complaint because you are trying to destroy the future of many children, by the way, STREET CHILDREN and ORPHANS. Why do you not take one to adopt?

Can you do the same like El Shaddai is doing? God bless you.

Marg, Goa, India #926913

Child Rescue was started by the founders... but it is we and the passionate staff, volunteers who drive the work of the charity...

If you have anything that needs improvement and not happening well, you can always suggest us or take time to understand before you write such a fake, false note on a credible charity which is doing great job... If you can't do anything good, at least stop being bad to something which is doing good.

Marg, Goa, India #926937
@Carol

I am working for SCAN-India (Stop Child Abuse Now)which is project of El-Shaddai. I working form the past 4yrs and 6months, dealing with childrens and women cases, the childrens and women who are victim of abused and we are also conducting free school campaigning for students, parents and teachers on Child abuse, child rights and their responcibilities.

as far as I know this organisation as an employee whatever said in the above false statements I dont agree with it.

This organisation is really working hard to help deprived children and Women with available resouces in hand, and so far they have been doing really good job. I am previlaged that I am part of this organisation.

Marg, Goa, India #926396

Hi I'm Carol.

Currently representing Human resource department in El Shaddai and I've grown up here in this organisation. Whatever the statement is made against our Ogranisation is totally false.

There are many children

who are grown up here and are doing really well. There is no blackmailing, unethical behaviour, or working extreme overtime (there is overtime in some cases but employees are always asked if they can do it and they are paid for it)This is all false and I support Rucha saying that somebody is really trying to take revenge. If you were so concerned about the kids, you could have easily got in touch with our management and put forward your queries. You must've volunteered for 7 years but I have been experiencing the work of El Shaddai from past ten years in my life.

And there are many more children who has experienced the more than me. Please without a proper reason don't spread false rumour.

Marg, Goa, India #926337

Hi My name is Rucha... I am working with El Shaddai as Public Relations Manager...

All this reporting on this page against El Shaddai is false. Whoever has done this is done with intention of taking revenge. I have grown up in this organization, I have worked with a bank and now am looking after their PR activities. I have access to all the accounts records...

I have also gone through their Audited Account... I know the heart beat of the organization. There is nothing above mentioned which is true... Whoever wrote it has seen the charity but have never taken time to understand its different activities.

If they had so much concern about the charity, they should have spoken to one of us for improvement... There thousands of children given support by El Shaddai's project. There are so many who cans see today is because of El Shaddai....

If you need any Financial information like Audited Accounts, Balancesheets, Income & Expense, Receipts and Payment, Auditor's report or anything, I will be happy to send a copy to you. Write me a mail: bitu_roo@hotmail.com

Rucha Singh

Marg, Goa, India #926323

Hi I am Sunny,

I have been Sponsoring a child in ESCT and I have also been a volunteer at ESCT for last 6yrs. I have not found any of the said problem occurring at Childrescue.

I would be interested to see the proofs you have collected through your investigation.

Hoping you will answer....

Marg, Goa, India #926394

Hi I'm Carol.

Whatever the statement is made against our Ogranisation is totally false. There are many children

You must've volunteered for 7 years but I have been experiencing the work of El Shaddai from past ten years in my life. And there are many more children who has experienced the more than me.

Please without a proper reason don't spread false rumour.

Marg, Goa, India #926399

Hi I'm Prema,

I was very first child of El Shaddai (Child rescue) and I know in and out of it. I'm still staying and working with El Shaddai and whoever has written this false rumor which is not true.

Through El Shaddai I've got the best and I know they have given me the best from begging till date. Like me there are many other who got the same facilities. We don't have any corruption management.

They are easily accessible and very transparent.

If anyone visits our organization, they always comment that we do not have any secret and hide anything from them and we are always happy to show all the project as it is.

whoever is doing these please stop, coz this is not true!!!!

Orlando, Florida, United States #1164162
@Anonymous

Wish that was true, it's hard to look at this objectively from your view. Please be careful and HELP the kids!

@Sunny

It doesn't help if you are being paid by El Shaddai... Please be careful with them, please help the kids.

View more comments
  • child rescue
  • street child rescue
I didn’t like
Management
Review #545747 is a subjective opinion of poster.

El Shaddai Charitable Trust - Unethical Charity Practices, Poor Charity Leadership

We have been volunteering for a couple of months and these reports are very true and less harsh than reality! In reality, money being spent is probably 70% for personal use, no joke. We have worked in the office and talked to the accountants and employees, here are some examples:

1. Recent Christmas Eve event was very expensive and had no El Shaddai Kids there

2. They do use the money for the church which specifically expressed that this is not a church for the El Shaddai Kids

3. Spent lots of money on GoaMarathon which from looking at the books, it has very little or none impact for El Shaddai

4. Spent lots of money on Global Leadership Summit in Panjim

5. Employees work for the church AND THE CHARITY! The church is called Faith Community Church and it's not involved with the kids in El Shaddai.

6. There is no accountability with purchases with Pastor Matthew

Every beginning of the year he spends lots of money on painting the office, remodelling the office, etc. He doesn't get multiple quotes or ask for advice even on areas he's not familiar with such as internet providers and hosting. He has paid for 6 hosting companies at once, paid for a mobile app that does not work and quite expensive for the type of quality, etc.

In short, Pastor Matthew Kurian runs El Shaddai and is doing a very poor job at it. He shows up when he wants to, never takes the blame, makes hasty decisions and makes excuses. Be careful on donating or spending your time at El Shaddai Street Child Rescue. There are many orphanages here in Goa you can go to.

One final note to show the heart of Pastor Matthew Kurian. When volunteers come, they pay a huge sum of 900 pounds just to volunteer. That money is suppose to be used to support them and cover their costs. This volunteer fee is incredibly high and have heard people say in the office we need volunteers to make money (hear this a lot from his wife!). That's a poor business plan and a charity should not have to make money off of it's volunteers!

Please let us know your stories as we are setting up a legal investigation.

Read

This is a very in depth review, thanks for sharing! Had some concerns with them as well!

London, England, United Kingdom #945559

I find it funny how only people who work on the marketing side of El Shaddai is responding and trying to uplift El Shaddai. Also, we have requested financial books (under a different name) and it didn't match the Tally books that we saw personally.

@Amy

Exactly!

Marg, Goa, India #926920

Marg, Goa, India #926334

I agree with this report, so sad :(
Marg, Goa, India #926335
@Tya

Dear Tya,

You said you agree with this report... Do you know the work of this organization...

I have grown up here and I know this Charity for more than 10+ years... I have seen hundreds of children growing up and becoming something in this world. I do appreciate your support towards the Charity, but whoever has written this above thing is not true... If you want to check the accounts personally, I can give you a copy of Audted accounts, Balancesheets, Income & Expense statement, Auditor's reports etc.

You point out and tell me if this organization is what it is mentioned here.... Do write to me: bitu_roo@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Rucha

@Rucha Singh

Not bias or anything? I got the REAL documents and it's appalling. ;)

Panjim, Goa, India #840835

El Shaddai Charitable Trust is one of the best charities in India. It is efficient in all its activities in order to help the underprivileged children.

Every year thousands of children are educated, sheltered and provided with basic requirements for better future. There are hundreds of children who have grown up in El Shaddai and are doing well... they all know the charity inside out of its dealing; I am one of them.

The charity is very transparent and accountable. I don't understand why anyone can write such a review without knowing the proper facts of the organization.

View more comments
Tags
  • el shaddai
  • childrescue net
  • child rescue
  • street child rescue
Loss
Review #479334 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer479334.

Contact El Shaddai Charitable Trust Customer Service